Tuesday 20 August 2013

It is said that 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, 

it is about learning to dance in the Rain!" 

Wise words! Posted daily are quotes and poems and stories and inspiration for those who have a heart to hear and a computer to access them.

 I have just taken yet another phone call from someone desperate, benefits stopped, no gas, no electric no food. Her ears don't need to hear pearls of wisdom, she can't eat those. Maybe some other time when her situation isn't as desperate she may be able to listen. What she needs now is some practical advice, some physical help.

She has done well, a year drug free, a year of trying to sort her life out. The temptations are still there and she has managed to resist them. Resist them that is.... when she had a little money for gas, electric and food. She is still a long way from being able to work. Money spent on her by the state to help with her addiction may soon be wasted if, as she said to me on the phone, "What is the point in trying to be straight when i can't even manage to feed myself". 

I hope the words I offered her resonated just a little bit, along with the food voucher and the clothing voucher I was able to get for her.   Not some lovely flowery words you understand, just some practical support...."I will help you sort your benefits out tomorrow" I am just hoping those words will get her through another day! Help her learn to dance in the rain......




No comments:

Post a Comment